Know when to call a reputable drainage contractor
The issues stemming from excess water may be fixable for experienced DIY homeowners, however more significant problems may require the assistance of experienced landscape drainage contractors.
Fixing poor yard drainage can require complex solutions. If they are not carried out in a specific way, the problems can worsen. It’s important to select a company with knowledge of all types of drainage solutions to help you find something that will work for you.
Common Reasons for Yard Drainage Issues
When it comes to yard drainage, the soil should be able to absorb any moisture it needs from the rain. The rest should run away from your home, via the gutters and the natural slope of your yard.
Some common reasons for yard drainage issues include:
- There are low spots that collect water.
- The existing drainage is damaged or insufficient.
- The soil is too compacted in your yard to be able to adequately absorb moisture. (This can happen after home construction projects that involve digging and moving dirt near the home.)
- There are natural underground springs within the vicinity of your home that make the absorption of additional water difficult.
Additional drainage solutions may be needed in these circumstances. An experienced landscape drainage contractor can help you understand the magnitude of the problem and provide a solution that is tailored to your specific situation.
Finding the Right Solution for Your Drainage Problem
When water doesn’t behave the way it was intended, it can cause significant issues for the homeowner. An experienced landscape drainage contractor can help you to find a creative solution for your drainage problem.
These solutions can include:
- Channel drains
- Dry wells
- French Drains
- Catch Basins
- Drain Tiles
- Fixing Your Downspouts
- Dry Creeks
- Rain Gardens
What works in one circumstance may not be the best solution for another. The right landscaper will come to your home, gather the scope of the drainage problem, and factor in the characteristics of your property to determine the right solution.
They’ll have an extensive knowledge of all types of drainage solutions and be ready to present a customized solution that meets your needs and keeps water moving away from your home.
Why Picking the Right Company Matters
As mentioned above, the causes of poor yard drainage can be complex, and finding the right solution is not always immediately obvious. An experienced landscaper knows what is necessary to fix the problem and keep it from recurring in the future.
Below are some additional factors when it comes to picking the right company for yard drainage repair:
- Total Project Cost – The costs for drainage repair can vary wildly. It’s important to look for a company that won’t take advantage of customers being in an urgent situation and needing a quick fix.
- Timeframe – Landscapers, like any other contractors can easily end up with a busy, crowded schedule. It’s important to find a contractor who will prioritize your job.
- Experience – Drainage issues can present themselves in a variety of different ways. An experienced drainage contractor is more likely to have seen a job similar to yours, and be ready with an appropriate solution.
- Excess Costs – With any contracting work, it’s important to have an idea of the costs up front. Make sure that the contractor you choose will treat you fairly and not charge you unnecessarily. It’s also important to factor in the excess costs if the job is done incorrectly. You’ll have to dish out more money in a short amount of time to fix any problems from the job not being done right initially.
A Checklist for Finding an Experienced Drainage Contractor
Drainage issues can be serious. Left unchecked, they often lead to flooding in the basement, and become far costlier – quick. It’s important to go with a company that understands how to fix your problem, quickly and in a professional manner.
Below is a qualifications checklist for finding an experienced landscape design contractor.
- Knowledge of drainage solutions – There are a variety of solutions when it comes to fixing drainage issues, and it’s important to select a contractor who understands them, and in the scenario that they best apply.
- Over a Decade of Experience – There are no shortage of landscapers providing services in the northwestern Chicago suburbs these days. It’s important to make sure that the landscaper you select has at least a decade worth of experience and is well-versed in fixing drainage issues.
- Fully Licensed and Insured – Drainage issues can become complex. In addition to experience, it’s important to make sure that the contractor you select is licensed and insured. In a worst-case scenario, the homeowner should never be left financially liable. When the contractor is licensed and insured, the homeowner is more protected.
- Reputable – It’s important to select a landscape drainage contractor that is reputable. You can always ask to see any testimonials or case studies to gauge what past customers have to say about their work.
- Trusted and Reliable – It’s important to go with a landscaping contractor with a proven track record for success. You can always ask to see pictures of their drainage solutions work or ask to speak with references for their work. Go ahead and ask references if they’d hire the same company again.
Ringers Landscaping Meets All of the Above Qualifications
At Ringers Landscaping, we understand how stressful and troubling these types of water drainage issues can be around your home.
We know that you’re looking for a contractor who can provide immediate solutions. We treat every customer like they are our top priority. Because of this, our customers tend to have positive experiences, and stick with us a long time.
We are experienced contractors who are licensed and insured. We are reputable, trusted, and reliable. If you’re looking to hire a landscaping drainage contractor, contact Ringers Landscaping today!